Sunday, August 21, 2005

No originality


I'm sitting in my livingroom on a Sunday while dinner cooks looking at my son who is 14 try on his new school clothes for the up coming year. We spent a lot of money on him yesterday including $80.00 sneakers. He's growing up on his dad and I couldnt be more proud of him. He wanted me to take him out to get another pair with the money he made working this summer. But I had a better idea. I have tons of sneakers especially the Air Jordan brand. A couple of pairs only been worn once twice or three times for me. I saved them for years for this occasion and when i told him that he could probley fit them his eyes lit up. I went to retrieve them and his eyes went south. He said they're not like the one other guys are wearing. I told him they are Michael Jordan's I paid a hundred and fifty bucks for them. They arent being sold any wear and they are still in style. I told him to be original and to appreciate when someone gives you something thats brand new, especially a father. I was a little hurt but he said he will wear them. I hope so. I told him be different but you will still be in style. Beside the originals are all making a comeback these will not. How original is that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tenille said...

You know younger people don't always embrace the art of being different. When you're that age, being different means being an outcast, sticking out like a sore thumb.

I went through a phase where I wanted to change my name. I was the only person in the whole school with the name Tenille. I wanted my name to be Tracy or Amanda or something common like the other girls. Now I appreciate it because people are always telling me how different and unique it is.

Don't worry. He'll come around. You remember what it was like trying to be "cool for school." And just think when you first got those sneakers... weren't they the ones everyone else had at the time?

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home