Saturday, August 13, 2005

What a woman said to me...

What a woman said to me…



Why do I hurt when I give so much?
Is this my time to listen when god says hush?
Stricken with a sickness
Straddle the thin line between love and death
May I ask the universe?
What’s left?
I get monthly statements that validate me as a woman
Headaches from my man
Kids yelling in demand
Who’s going to take up the slack when this black child don’t give a damn
Respect my hips I say
I say respect my lips I say!
Full attitude and clothes that fit.
I’m not a piece when you want a piece
Allow me to have some peace
When my emotions override deep
This is a little something
A
Black
Woman
Once
Said
To me
I oblige and step to the right
Blew her a kiss and told her that
It
Will
Be
Alright
So do your thing Ms. Lady
Even though I don’t know you
I do respect
And suspect
That you are tire of the demands
From us men
And we
Haven’t done our shares yet!

Copyrighted 2004

1 Comments:

Blogger Tenille said...

I like this one as well. Keep it going.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home