Sunday, March 19, 2006


I found this picture on the internet today. I sat and studied it and thought it to be one of the deepest things I have ever laid my eyes on. POWERFUL is the word that comes to mind. I would like all who visit this blog to take a moment to reflect on what you have.

The photo was taken in 1994 by Pulitzer Prize winner during the Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food Camp, located kilometers away.

The vulture in the picture is waiting for the child to die so he could eat him. Thats a shock in its self to see an animal who eats from things that have already been killed, waiting to eat a HUMAN BEING. No one knows what happen to the child including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken in 1994. Three months later Kevin Carter committed suicide due to depression.

3 Comments:

Blogger Soulfull said...

Speechless... :(

9:15 PM  
Blogger Samantha Jean said...

Hey there, the picture send a really powerful message. Hunger, suffering, sad, anger, weak, pity... I was very disturbed when i saw it. I received an email with a few pictures as well other than the above. I plan to post it soon as well. If only the world realised what's going on...

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home