Friday, November 02, 2007

PHILLY !

The black men of Philadelphia are resisting their circumstance and to be honest with the bible never says resist the circumstances. They need to resist the devil in the midst of their circumstances. I’ve come to the conclusion that my brothers need to deal with their inner demons and devils, so that the breaking of hearts and lost members of families due to violence can cease. My people in my native city are now cautious, due to the recent slaying of a police officer trying to do his job to serve and protect was gunned down in cold blood. Are my brother’s that desperate for a little bit of money? Is the trade off from freedom that high and that important to risk? It’s a sad time in my and you’re life time that it has to come down to almost martial law in my beloved, “city of brotherly love.” The solutions to the people who feel they can not get a break for whatever reason is to resist and rebuke the devil. This may be brand new news, but it must be done. It has to be done. Blood shed in the name of getting a quick buck is no way to live. My time spent growing up in North Philadelphia, 22nd and Lehigh was rough but it never resulted to this. Although I no longer live in the city, my mother, father, grandmother and a host of other family members still reside. I am afraid when I turn on my television to watch the channel 10 news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home