Monday, September 12, 2005

Mortal News of the day

Mortal News of the day



The reconstruction on New Orleans has begun. The reason that I say this is; this place is a gold mine and those people whom lived there will not be able to go back with out a heavy price. Number one they were poor and will not be able to afford the price of real estate that will be tagged on the houses or high rise apartments. Has anyone heard from Donald Trump? Hmm Interesting. He may donate, however I guarantee you that he’s been on the phone working trying to see how many acres can he purchase. That’s what he does and that’s what he’ll do.
I was so happy to see the N.B.A. stars come out last night at the Toyota Center in Houston for the evacuees of the flood. The likes of Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Tracy Mcgrady, Labron James, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Carmello Anthony and many more played a free game with money going to the victums. I was in awe at all that showed their love. This game was put on by two-time N.B.A. Champion and TNT analyst Kenny Smith. He had little time to put the event together and received calls from a lot of people wanting to play. That’s what I am talking about, the N.B.A. stars represented to the max.
I was really taken back at one of my favorites, Kobe Bryant and the relationship he was building with a kid who I think was five or six years old. He had the kid sit on the bench with him and even when the game was over carried him around to meet everyone. He mother stood in the background crying that he soon was so happy after loosing everything. Big ups to you Kobe! Much respect from me.
The B.E.T. station had a telethon on Friday and it was whose’s who in the entertainment industry. All the performers were good, however the few that stood out to me was my homegirl from around the way, Jill Scoot did her thang. Floetry, Lyfe, Mary J. Blige and Erika Badu. What really disturbed me about the show was a skit that was done by Anthony Anderson and Bernie Mac. Bernie was way out of line when he was joking about people in taking water. Steve Harvey and Queen Latifah who was hosting had a dumb founded look on their faces.
Kanye West made one statement bashing President Bush and the punk Green Day bashed Bush on their entire album. Hmmm what’s up with that?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home